Pennine Community Power is a Community Benefit Society owned and run by its community membership.
We have the following objects:
- To build a sustainable community, environmentally, socially and economically.
- To develop the profitable supply of energy from renewable resources for the benefit of the community.
- To ensure the democratic control of renewable energy resources through the opportunity for residents to invest and control such resources.
- To ensure that the value from development of renewable energy resources shall be retained within the local economy.
- To create local sustainable livelihoods.
- To provide support to other organisations with similar aims.
- To educate and inform the general public around the issues of sustainability, climate change and renewable energy.
Pennine Community Power has just over 60 members and a Board of 4 Directors. After several years of a hostile policy environment for renewables and community energy, the economics and politics are starting to change and Pennine Community Power is again looking to develop new projects.
In order to do this, we are inviting new non-investor members into Pennine Community Power and we are particularly interested in members with the following skills and experience:
- Project management
- Renewable energy technologies
- Low carbon retrofit
- Civil and electrical engineering
- Community development
Membership requires a £1 share which attracts no interest, but there will be opportunities to purchase investment shares in the future as we develop new projects.
Please use the form below to apply for membership. If you would like a chat before applying then please drop us an email at email@example.com